Losing a loved one to Meningitis
In 2011 I lost my sister in law to encephalitis and meningitis caused by the pneumococcal bacteria. The strain of this bacteria that she had is covered in the Pneumo 23 vaccine. But being a healthy 31 year old female, she did not qualify for this vaccine. She left behind a loving husband, a 12 year old son and a 1 year old son. She was the only child of her father's and both her parents were left devastated and still struggle to this day. Please keep your vaccinations up to date because something so small such as a vaccination could save a life.